My wife Pamela has ministered to survivors of childhood sexual abuse (CSA) for over 25 years, and together, we’ve been ministering to couples affected by CSA for over 15 years. For eight years, Marriage Reconstruction Ministries, Inc. (MRM) has been the “distribution center” of our ministry to couples by helping them reconstruct their marriage affected by a wife’s CSA. Our ministry has included seminars, a book, blogs, one-on-one mentoring, support groups, and more.
Earlier this year, we realized—and we believe by God’s guidance—that it is time to conclude our ministry with MRM. We announced this to our Board of Directors in March. Therefore, MRM is officially “closing its doors” as a non-profit ministry on December 31, 2023. Please read on because we want you to know what is concluding and what is continuing.
What is concluding,
and what is continuing.
Our lives are made up of chapters. As in a book, we only move into a new chapter after finishing the previous one.
We only move into a new chapter after finishing the previous one.
All the varied chapters of our lives combine to bring a complete and richer story that becomes God’s unique redemptive story in us. MRM has been a challenging and good chapter in our lives. It has brought growth and transformation to me personally, and I trust it has done so for you, too. In closing MRM, Pamela and I enter a new chapter as God continues to write His redemptive story in us. And it can be the same for you.
All the varied chapters of our lives combine to bring a complete and richer story that becomes God’s unique redemptive story in us.
Here’s what will continue to exist in the new chapter:
- MRM will maintain its website through 2026. This means that all the written and video content will remain available to you and your friends whom you refer to MRM.
- I intend to write a couple of blogs each year that will be posted on the MRM blog page.
- Subscribers to the blog will continue to receive emails informing you of the new blog. If you are a subscriber, you can anticipate the first one coming to your email inbox in January 2024.
- People will be able to subscribe to or unsubscribe from receiving email blogs for the next three years.
Here’s what will conclude at the end of December 2023 or has concluded already:
- All one-on-one mentoring and support groups ended in October.
- MRM’s presence on Facebook will end.
- The ability to donate to or contact MRM has already been removed from the website.
In closing, we all move from one chapter to the next. We choose some chapters, and some are imposed upon us. Whether chosen or imposed, no one chapter is the whole story. The varied chapters of our lives all combine to compose God’s unique redemptive story in and through us.